- Two year term, elected at our Annual General Meeting (September)
- Approximately 10-15 hours per month
- Attends meetings on the third Thursday of every month at 5:30 pm (required)
- Must complete a Criminal Record Check and sign a confidentiality agreement
- The board's primary responsibility is to formulate the long-range strategic direction for the agency. We seek board members who are visionary, experienced in the ways of non-profit boards, and willing to commit their time, energy and expertise to the betterment of AIDS Vancouver and the communities we serve.
- Duties Establish and Monitor the Strategic Direction of AIDS Vancouver
- Ensure the society meets its legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Actively participate in raising funds and identifying new sources of revenue for AV
- Actively participate in Board committee work. Board Committees include: Governance Committee, Fund Development, Strategic Planning, Finance, and event committees as required
- Actively participate in AIDS Vancouver events such as Celebrity Dim Sum
- Maintain positive, open relations with the agency’s community partners
- Represent the agency in a professional and positive manner when attending other community events as required
- Develop and maintain a diverse, capable and participative board of directors through ongoing recruitment and training
- Respect and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Skills & Attributes
- Have experience working on boards of non-profit organizations (preferred)
- Post-Secondary education (preferred)
- Be willing to commit time, energy and expertise to further the goals of the agency.
- Be strongly motivated to serve the various communities affected by HIV/AIDS
- Four seats are reserved for self-identified individuals living with HIV
- Policy development experience
Training and Support
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation and Education session (required)
- Board orientation materials and support will be provided.
- Agency in-services and training opportunities (optional)
- Benefits To be a part of a larger movement that is working towards social change.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like this post?