The Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of fund development activities of the agency that supports revenue development, annual public awareness and fundraising campaigns, donor relations, events management, budgeting, donor database management, and volunteer coordination. This position reports to the Director of Development, Public Relations & Special Projects
Hours of Work:
Please Send Resume & Coverletter to:
- Consults with the Director of Development, Public Relations & Special Projects on all program issues and directions.
- Manages, implements, monitors and evaluates all fund development activities including annual campaigns, events, capital campaigns, etc.;
- Implements donor relations and stewardship programs;
- Researches, writes and submits grant applications for approved programs and projects;
- Implements effective and efficient donation systems and processes;
- Trains and supervises volunteers in fund development activities, special events and other related activities as required.
- Coordinates and participates in the activities of a Fund Development Committee and/or specific events committees as required;
- Development and stewardship of sponsors for fundraising events, campaigns and AIDS Vancouver programs;
- Implements approved strategies to enhance communications with prospective donors, corporate sponsors, foundations and existing donors;
- Implements approved cultivation strategies, including current donors, manages relationships utilizing a variety of strategies;
- Ensures the timely and accurate maintenance of donor records and tracking, and the integrity of the donor database;
- Works with other fund development support volunteers or contract staff;
- Works cooperatively with Finance Department staff on donations processing and receipting.
- Develops and implements annual plans for all special events activities for the agency including PRIDE, AIDS Walk, Red Ribbon Campaign and Gala, Celebrity Dim Sum, Donor Reception and other events as assigned;
- Stays up to date on developments in HIV/AIDS related issues;
- Participates in agency and departmental outcomes measurement evaluations and monitoring;
- Compiles qualitative and quantitative statistics and reports related to program operations;
- Participates in relevant internal and external committees as directed by the Director of Development, Public Relations & Special Projects;
- Assists and supports agency program staff in approved related activities;
- Provides consultation to external agencies and participates in external events as required;
- Participates in the development and implementation of departmental work plans;
- Participates in professional development opportunities as required;
- Attends all staff meetings when scheduled during regular working hours;
- Complies with agency policies and procedures;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Fund Development, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations;
- 2+ years experience and demonstrated success in a fundraising role;
- Experience working in an ASO (AIDS Service Organization) preferred;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position;
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others;
- Ability to operate related equipment;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize;
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients;
- Ability to supervise;
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems;
- Leadership skills;
- Ability to speak publicly;
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and their impact on the community.
Closing Date for applications: Friday January 9, 2015
Please send cover letter and resume in one Word or PDF document to:
Director of Development, Public Relations
Address: 1107 Seymour Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 5S8