Grocery Month End Deliveries
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Heidi Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-696-4678, Monday-Friday
- Assist Coordinator with moving stock around in preparation for the incoming deliveries
- Assisting with unloading of the delivery trucks
- Stacking items in storage area, in the designated area
- Sorting & flattening cardboard boxes and recycling them
- General clean-up
- If necessary, stocking grocery shelves
Skills & Attributes:
- Physical ability to lift and transfer goods
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow direction
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working with diverse people
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues
Training, Support & Benefits:
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized program/project training
- On the job orientation
- On-going support and supervision from assigned Supervisor
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun!
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Heidi Morgan at email@example.com or call 604-696-4678, Monday-Thursday
Volunteer Orientation and Training
Next Training: To Be Announced
As a part of one's commitment to AIDS Vancouver, the Orientation and Education session is a required training for all volunteers. At AIDS Vancouver we value learning and opportunities to share resources and knowledge. We provide a dynamic and informative Agency Orientation and Education Session to all new volunteers, Board of Directors and staff. This session gives you a good introduction to the agency, HIV and related issues as well as offering you relevant skills and knowledge to help you meet and enhance your volunteer commitment.
Volunteer Resources Policies and Procedures
All new and existing volunteers are introduced to the Volunteer Resources Policies and Procedures Manual. This document provides a comprehensive understanding and overview of how volunteers work with the Agency and how the Agency works with volunteers. These policies and procedures reflect the agency's key values, priorities and operating frameworks, at the same time, providing clear parameters and procedures for volunteer involvement at AIDS Vancouver. Publication or incorporation of these documents in full or part requires the permission of AIDS Vancouver; photocopies in full or part must acknowledge AIDS Vancouver copyright.
A Note About Practicum Placements
Please know that AIDS Vancouver does not offer ongoing practicum placements. The volunteer positions we have available may be used as your practicum, but know that these volunteer positions will only require you to volunteer about 4 hours per week. Your practicum will likely require more time than this, which unfortunately we are unable to offer at this time.