AIDS Vancouver’s Grocery program, in operation for over 20 years, is set up like a small grocery store where we invite our clients in to have a food shopping experience, at no cost to them. This Volunteer position assists with receiving deliveries prior to our distribution period, in preparation for the next Grocery month. We are looking for 4 volunteers; must be able to lift 50 lbs.
How to Apply
Time of Day:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Heidi Morgan at email@example.com or call 604-696-4678, Monday-Thursday
- Assist Coordinator with moving stock around in preparation for the incoming deliveries
- Assisting with unloading of the delivery trucks
- Stacking items in storage area, in the designated area
- Sorting & flattening cardboard boxes and recycling them
- General clean-up
- If necessary, stocking grocery shelves
Skills & Attributes:
- Physical ability to lift and transfer goods (up to 50lbs)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow direction
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working with diverse people
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues
Training, Support & Benefits:
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized program/project training
- On the job orientation
- On-going support and supervision from assigned Supervisor
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun!