AIDS Vancouver’s Grocery program, in operation for over 20 years, is set up like a small grocery store where we invite our clients in to have a food shopping experience, at no cost to them. This Volunteer position’s purpose is to pick up donations of organic produce in North Burnaby on Monday mornings and drop them off at our office.
- A 1 year commitment is desired
- 1-2 hour(s) per week on Monday mornings. For any stat holidays that fall on a Monday, Tuesday as an alternate would work best.
- No more than 4 hours per week
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Heidi Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-696-4678, Monday-Thursday
Time of Day:
- Pick up donations of organic produce in North Burnaby @ 4535 Still Creek Avenue at approximately 10am and drop them off at our 1107 Seymour Street, Vancouver office
- Record mileage monthly for accounting and reimbursement purposes
- Record volunteer hours and submit them monthly
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to lift and transfer goods (up to 50lbs)
- Must have own vehicle or access to a vehicle
- Current, valid BC Driver’s license
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues
Training and Support
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized program/project training
- On-going support and supervision from Grocery Program Coordinator
- Evaluations, exit interviews and letters of reference are available upon a volunteer's request
- Reimbursement for Mileage ($0.50 per km)
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun!