Community Outreach VolunteerLiquid error: Internal error
Department: Community Engagement Programs
Supervisor: Community Outreach Coordinator
Commitment: Approximately 4 hours per week, for a period of one year – hours based on client availability and referrals.
To provide support for Community Outreach volunteers through monthly meetings, on-going training facilitation and regular liaison with the Community Outreach Coordinator.
- Provide a combination of companionship and practical assistance, as required, to persons living with HIV who requested or agreed to Community Outreach support
- Assist clients in improving their knowledge of, and access to, services and resources for persons living with HIV
- Act as a liaison between client and Community Outreach Coordinator for the duration of the Community Outreach Relationship
- Attend mandatory monthly team meetings
- Advise program development and planning based on current client and volunteer needs
Skills & Attributes
- Good communication, active listening, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to work individually with clients, and participate as part of a team
- Well-organized and able to manage Community Outreach commitment to client(s)
- Ability to take initiative
- Willingness to stay in regular contact with Community Outreach Coordinator as well as Case Managers when required
- Commitment to ongoing learning/training to keep skills and knowledge up to date
- Compassion, sensitivity, and maturity
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues
- Fluent in Spanish
Training & Support
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized Community Outeach training
- On the job orientation
- On-going support and supervision from assigned Supervisor
- Evaluations, exit interviews, and letters of reference are available upon a volunteer’s request
- To gain valuable knowledge, skills, and experience within a support role.
- To be part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention training
- To meet new people and have fun!
Vancouver, BC V6B 5S8
Google map and directions