Volunteer Pickup and Delivery Driver
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Heidi Morgan at [email protected] or call 604-696-4678, Monday-Friday
Grocery Program, Client Services
Grocery Program Coordinator
1-2 hour(s) per week on Monday mornings for a period of 6 months to 1 year. For any stat holidays that fall on a Monday, Tuesday as an alternate would work best.
The AIDS Vancouver Grocery aims to provide supplemental groceries to people living with HIV/AIDS in the Greater Vancouver area, and strives to promote nutritional health. The AIDS Vancouver Grocery allows for individuals to choose nutritious food items in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
This position’s purpose is to pick up donations of organic produce in North Burnaby on Monday mornings and drop them off at our office
- Pick up donations of organic produce in North Burnaby @ 4535 Still Creek Avenue at approximately 10am and drop them off at our 1107 Seymour Street, Vancouver office
- Record mileage monthly for accounting and reimbursement purposes
- Record volunteer hours and submit them monthly
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to lift and transfer goods
- Must have own vehicle or access to a vehicle
- Current, valid BC Driver’s license
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues
Training and Support
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized program/project training
- On-going support and supervision from Grocery Program Coordinator
- Evaluations, exit interviews and letters of reference are available upon a volunteer's request
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- Reimbursement for Mileage ($0.50 per km)
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun!
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Heidi Morgan at [email protected] or call 604-696-4678, Monday-Thursday
Volunteer Orientation and Training
Next Training: To Be Announced
As a part of one's commitment to AIDS Vancouver, the Orientation and Education session is a required training for all volunteers. At AIDS Vancouver we value learning and opportunities to share resources and knowledge. We provide a dynamic and informative Agency Orientation and Education Session to all new volunteers, Board of Directors and staff. This session gives you a good introduction to the agency, HIV and related issues as well as offering you relevant skills and knowledge to help you meet and enhance your volunteer commitment.
Volunteer Resources Policies and Procedures
All new and existing volunteers are introduced to the Volunteer Resources Policies and Procedures Manual. This document provides a comprehensive understanding and overview of how volunteers work with the Agency and how the Agency works with volunteers. These policies and procedures reflect the agency's key values, priorities and operating frameworks, at the same time, providing clear parameters and procedures for volunteer involvement at AIDS Vancouver. Publication or incorporation of these documents in full or part requires the permission of AIDS Vancouver; photocopies in full or part must acknowledge AIDS Vancouver copyright.
A Note About Practicum Placements
Please know that AIDS Vancouver does not offer ongoing practicum placements. The volunteer positions we have available may be used as your practicum, but know that these volunteer positions will only require you to volunteer about 4 hours per week. Your practicum will likely require more time than this, which unfortunately we are unable to offer at this time.