Grocery - Monday Set up TeamLiquid error: Internal error
Set Up Volunteer – Mondays on Grocery weeks - 8:30am-12:00pm
To assist the Grocery program in operations, providing groceries to people living with HIV/AIDS in the Greater Vancouver area. This position assists in getting the Grocery ready for Distribution, preparing and distribution of Groceries that go to Partner organizations.
4 hours per week for a period of 1 year
- Assisting with unloading of the delivery trucks
- Stocking or re-stocking grocery shelves
- Stacking inventory items in storage area
- Sorting & flattening cardboard boxes and recycling them
- Preparing delivery orders
- Ensuring that the grocery is well stocked and ready for distribution
- General clean-up
Skills & Attributes
- Physical ability to lift and transfer goods (up to 50lbs)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow direction
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working with diverse people
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues
Training, Support & Benefits
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized program/project training
- On the job orientation
- On-going support and supervision from assigned Supervisor
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun!
Vancouver, BC V6B 5S8
Google map and directions
Please Make sure you meet these minimum requirements before applying.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Have legal immigration status in Canada; i.e. resident, citizen or student visa.
- Make a minimum commitment of volunteering once a week for six months. Should you not be able to commit to that length of time, you can commit to reaching 100 hours of service in a shorter period of time.
- Must be willing to complete a criminal record check (only for Board of Directors, Community Outreach, Fund Development and BoysRUs Positions).
- All volunteers must also attend our 12-hour Core Training Program. Here you'll learn about AIDS Vancouver’s programs and services as well as participate in skill building topics including, HIV, cultural awareness, diversity, confidentiality, and communication.
- After you graduate from Core Training, you'll be asked to complete position-specific training for the role you are assigned (usually 2-6 hours).