Grocery Set Up Volunteer – Tuesday Set UpLiquid error: Internal error
Set Up Volunteer – Tuesdays
9am-Noon on Grocery weeks (2-3 a month)
To assist the Grocery program in operations, providing groceries to people living with HIV/AIDS in the Greater Vancouver area. The AIDS Vancouver Grocery allows for individuals to choose nutritious food items in a safe and non-judgmental environment. This position assists in getting the Grocery ready for Distribution, preparing and distribution of Groceries that go to Partner organizations as well as assisting to run the Early Grocery distribution for clients with mobility issues.
4 hours per week for a period of 6 months to 1 year
- Stocking or re-stocking grocery shelves
- Preparing fruit bags
- Stacking inventory items in storage area
- Sorting & flattening cardboard boxes and recycling them
- Preparing delivery orders and getting them ready for distribution to
- Ensuring that the grocery is well stocked and ready for distribution
- General clean-up
- Assisting with unloading of the delivery trucks (this would only be
- Bagging clients groceries and providing assistance during the early
Skills & Attributes
- Physical ability to lift and transfer goods (up to 50lbs)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow direction
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working with diverse people
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues
Training, Support & Benefits
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized program/project training
- On the job orientation
- On-going support and supervision from assigned Supervisor
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun!
Vancouver, BC V6B 5S8
Google map and directions
Please Make sure you meet these minimum requirements before applying.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Have legal immigration status in Canada; i.e. resident, citizen or student visa.
- Make a minimum commitment of volunteering once a week for six months. Should you not be able to commit to that length of time, you can commit to reaching 100 hours of service in a shorter period of time.
- Must be willing to complete a criminal record check (only for Board of Directors, Community Outreach, Fund Development and BoysRUs Positions).
- All volunteers must also attend our 12-hour Core Training Program. Here you'll learn about AIDS Vancouver’s programs and services as well as participate in skill building topics including, HIV, cultural awareness, diversity, confidentiality, and communication.
- After you graduate from Core Training, you'll be asked to complete position-specific training for the role you are assigned (usually 2-6 hours).