About AIDS Vancouver’s E2E Education Workshops
Funded by the M.A.C. AIDS Fund, The Educate to Empower: Train the Trainer Program has been designed to move beyond “knowledge” or “information” by promoting discussion around the social dynamics of HIV and what this means in people’s lives. Workshop participants are encouraged to bring this information back into their schools, organizations or communities for further discussion. Both our workshops and training sessions have been designed to accomplish the following:
- Educate participants on social justice issues related to HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C.
- Empower participants to facilitate HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C related workshops.
- Enable participants to modify workshops to suit the specific needs of their schools, organizations or communities.
Educate to Empower Workshops
2-4 hour HIV/AIDS & Hepatitis C related workshops designed to the needs of your school, program or organization.Our Educate to Empower team can provide:
- 1 day HIV & Mapping the Body through Art creative arts workshop.
- 2 day Educate to Empower: Training of Trainers workshop.
- Trained AIDS Vancouver Facilitators and YouthCO Peer Facilitators
When you book a workshop or training session, you will receive:
- 1 complimentary copy of our Educate to Empower: Training of Trainers curriculum for your classroom or organization and a 25% discount on additional copies (for organizations paying full workshop fee).
- Materials, handouts and art supplies provided for your session.
- AIDS Vancouver certificate of completion (Educate to Empower: Training of Training session participants only).
- Access to our AIDS Vancouver training room for your training session. Inquire in advance for details and availability.
When you book a workshop or training session, we require:
- Information and details of the needs and location of your school, organization or community.
- 5+ participants.
- Appropriate space with a white board or flip chart and markers.
- May also require a place to project (laptop and projector provided unless you have your own).
AIDS Vancouver Educate to Empower workshops & training sessions have been offered to the following organizations:
- Addiction & Recovery Programs
- Transition Houses and Shelters
- Teacher Education Programs
- Health Care Education Programs
- Immigrant Serving Agencies
- English as another Language Schools
- Universities and college classrooms
- Elementary and Secondary schools
- Correctional Institutions
- Local & Provincial AIDS Service Organizations
Contact us for information on our fees for workshops.
*AIDS Vancouver is a non-profit organization which relies on donations to keep our programs running. Workshop and training fees help to cover materials, manuals, travel and other incidentals. We do offer a subsidy program if you are unable to afford a workshop or training session. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss subsidy opportunities.
How to book a workshop or purchase a copy of our manual
Workshop Education Coordinator
Do you like this page?