Social Media/Research TeamLiquid error: Internal error
Position: Social Media/Research Team
Commitment: 4 hours per week, for a period of at least one year, off and onsite working schedule
To provide support for AIDS Vancouver in creating a comprehensive social media presence. This position will help develop social media strategies and implement frameworks to create a foundation for social media and communications.
- Liaise with Social Media Team Leader and agency coordinators
- Provide web and social media support in person, through workshops and presentations and using online tools for staff, volunteers and clients.
- Respond to questions, provide information, communicate and participate on social media tools to promote the work of the agency.
- Review Social Media to find opportunities, ask questions, answer questions and connect people inside and outside AIDS Vancouver.
- Create help documents, track progress, questions and communicate with the team using wikis, shared docs and other web tools.
- Help analyze and evaluate social media tools with usability testing, surveys and other measures.
- Provide record of hours.
- Attend bi-monthly meeting
Skills & Attributes
- Must have social media experience in a professional setting
- Great online communication skills
- Great in-person and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to participate as part of a team.
- Detailed knowledge of social media apps and communication programs
- Willingness to stay in regular contact with social media supervisor
- Commitment to ongoing learning/training to keep skills and knowledge up to date.
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues.
- Training & Support • AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education.
- Specialized social media training.
- On-the-job orientation.
- Ongoing support and supervision from assigned Supervisor.
- Evaluations, exit interviews, and letters of reference (upon request).
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training.
- To gain leadership skills, knowledge and experience within a nonprofits environment.
- Experience creating social media platforms for non profit agencies
- Have access to latest HIV/AIDS related information
- To be part of a larger team that is working towards social change within the HIV/AIDS movement.
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun!
Vancouver, BC V6B 5S8
Google map and directions