Grocery - Wednesday Distribution TeamLiquid error: Internal error
To assist the Grocery program in operations, providing groceries to people living with HIV/AIDS in the Greater Vancouver area. The AIDS Vancouver Grocery allows for individuals to choose nutritious food items in a safe and non-judgmental environment. This position assists in running the Grocery distribution.
Position: Wednesday Distribution Team, 1-4pm on Grocery weeks
Department: Programs and Services
Supervisor: Grocery Program Coordinator
Commitment: No more than 4 hours per week for a period of 1 year
- Checking to ensure that the grocery is set up and ready for distribution
- Opening the Grocery for food distribution on Wednesdays (except on cheque issue week and the week after)
- Receiving clients and updating the computer file as client’s enter the Grocery
- Facilitating Grocery distribution and assisting clients
- Bagging groceries
- Restocking and organizing shelves when necessary
- Assisting with general clean-up (ie: put away the perishable food items, break down and discard empty boxes, sweeping etc )
Skills & Attributes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide non-judgmental service in a high stress environment
- Calm, gentle manner
- Ability to follow direction
- Clear boundaries
- Ability to multi task if needed
- Interested in HIV/AIDS and related issues
Training & Support
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized program/project training
- On the job orientation
- On-going support and supervision from assigned Supervisor
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions
- To meet new people and have fun!
1107 Seymour St
Vancouver, BC V6B 5S8
Google map and directions
Please Make sure you meet these minimum requirements before applying.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Have legal immigration status in Canada; i.e. resident, citizen or student visa.
- Make a minimum commitment of volunteering once a week for six months. Should you not be able to commit to that length of time, you can commit to reaching 100 hours of service in a shorter period of time.
- Must be willing to complete a criminal record check (only for Board of Directors, Community Outreach, Fund Development and BoysRUs Positions).
- All volunteers must also attend our 12-hour Core Training Program. Here you'll learn about AIDS Vancouver’s programs and services as well as participate in skill building topics including, HIV, cultural awareness, diversity, confidentiality, and communication.
- After you graduate from Core Training, you'll be asked to complete position-specific training for the role you are assigned (usually 2-6 hours).