Objective: To provide festive groceries to up to 800 people in one day!
Supervisor: Grocery Coordinator
Commitment: One time event: between 3.5 – 4.5 hours
Dates & Times
Event day (Tuesday December 16th):
AM – 8:30am – 1:00pm
PM – 12:30pm – 5:00pm
Set up days:
- Help receive deliveries and put food in places for distribution
- Setting up tables
- Stocking shelves and tables
- Help prepare produce bags
- Helping to distribute food
- Spreading joy and cheer
- Helping people with mobility issues to get their groceries
- Passing out goodies
- We need a SANTA!
- We need carollers!
Skills & Attributes
- Cheerful and uplifting attitude
- Calm and patient manner
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Want to be part of a team
- Want to make a difference!
- To be clear about personal and professional boundaries
Training & Support
- Holiday Grocery Orientation Session (NOTE: Required for new volunteers only) – Saturday December 13th – 1:00 – 2:15pm – Lunch provided
- On the job orientation
- On-going support and supervision from Grocery Coordinator
- To gain valuable knowledge, skills and experience within a support role.
- To be part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To engage in opportunities for community service and personal/professional development.
- To be recognized and appreciated for your valuable contribution.
- To meet new people and have fun!
1107 Seymour St
Vancouver, BC V6B 5S8
Google map and directions
Must be 19 years of age or older. If anyone wishes to volunteer that is under the age of 19, we must have their parents written consent. Additionally, they must be chaperoned by a responsible adult. These applications will be reviewed on a case by case basis and we reserve the right to not accept volunteers under 19 if it doesn’t look like it is a good fit. We welcome opportunities for students to be involved with an adequate amount of supervision.