Meet May McQueen: Our volunteers have been the heart and soul of AIDS Vancouver since day one. This is the story of one volunteer, who teaches us that it is never too late to change the world.
Our Volunteer Program
In 1984 AIDS Vancouver was started by a group of volunteers, today our volunteers enrich the team bringing unique experiences and skills to their positions. In 2013 over 120 volunteers contributed more than 11,000 hours delivering invaluable services to the community. We welcome you, your individuality, and the diversity you bring to AIDS Vancouver!
Making a Difference
- Expand your horizons in ways you never imagined. Some of the most exciting benefits of joining our team are:
- To gain valuable knowledge, skills, and experience with community engagement, HIV, social determinants of health, and LQBTQ2S issues.
- To be part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention training
- To meet new people and have fun!
- If these experiences sound like an opportunity you'd like to be a part of please clink below to learn how to apply.