Step 1: Decide you want to Join!
Step 2: Are you Eligible?
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Have legal immigration status in Canada; i.e. resident, citizen or student visa.
- Make a minimum commitment of volunteering once a week for six months. Should you not
- be able to commit to that length of time, you can commit to reaching 100 hours of service in a
- shorter period of time.
- Must be willing to complete a criminal record check (only for Board of Directors, Community Outreach, Fund Development and BoysRUs Positions).
- All volunteers must also attend our 12-hour Core Training Program. Here you'll learn about AIDS Vancouver’s programs and services as well as participate in skill building topics including, HIV, cultural awareness, diversity, confidentiality, and communication.
- After you graduate from Core Training, you'll be asked to complete position-specific training for the role you are assigned (usually 2-6 hours).
Step 3: Make the Commitment
- Register for an upcoming Volunteer Information Session or view currently available opportunities.
- Attend the Information Session and Learn about AV’s Programs, Volunteer Opportunities and meet staff!
- If we're able to connect your personal interests to our organizational needs, we will invite you to an interview with one of our Program Coordinators as well as our Core Training sessions.
- This comprehensive volunteer training program will fully immerse you in AIDS Vancouver’s Programs and Services, ensuring you are ready to join our team and start making a difference.
Step 4: Start Making A Difference!
Following your successful completion of core and position-specific training, you'll begin volunteering.