You will be assisting the Agency at Reception Services. Commitment: 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm (2.5 hours). There are 5 shifts available. (Monday to Friday)
Time of Day:
- Ensures incoming telephone calls to Reception Services are directed promptly to the appropriate individual or department;
- Maintains, monitors and ensures smooth flow of Drop in wait list and incoming appointments for Community Case Managers;
- Directs visitors, callers, and clients to community resources as appropriate and works with other client services staff and volunteers to ensure the effective provision of services;
- Monitors public areas at AIDS Vancouver to ensure neat and professional appearance
Skills & Attributes:
- Maintain solid boundaries while using empathy;
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Able to take direction
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material in a
- professional manner
- Interested in and sensitive to HIV/AIDS and related issues
Training & Support:
- AIDS Vancouver Agency Orientation & Education
- Specialized program/project training
- On the job orientation
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- On-going support and supervision from Case Management Supervisor and Human Resources Officer (including evaluations, exit interviews, and letters of reference (upon request).
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience in administration and case management.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.
- To meet new people and have fun!